Previously, we had a single stock that we considered our ‘Top Cannabis Stock’ pick. But, we decided to change things because the OTC Markets are so full of “pump and dump” that we didn’t want to be confused with that type of mentality. That was never the intention or the purpose behind this site or specifically, this section of the site.
There are a handful of legit (less volatile) stocks that can do very well throughout Fall and Winter. We’ll try and update this section every 30 – 45 days in order to keep the information and ‘watch list’ fresh. At the end of the day, because the key to Investing/Trading Success is to diversify — it felt more sensible to list out a variety of stocks picked by our Twitter following:
- $PURE.V (TSXV) / Pure Global Cannabis, Inc. is trading at 33¢ as of 7/29/18 with a $40.28 million Market Cap. $PURE.V just announced they’re launching on the OTC markets as $PRCNF by early August. $PURE.V is a growth-oriented life sciences cannabis company led by experienced pharma-industry, horticultural, and supply chain experts. The Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, PureSinse, is a licensed producer under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) focused on producing premium-quality cannabis products for medical, wellness, and future legal adult recreational use. Their current 52-week high is 52¢, which is 57% gain from the latest close (7/27/18).
- $CHOOF (OTC QB) and $CHOO (CSE) / Choom Holdings, Inc. is trading around 95¢ (on OTC) as of 7/29/18 with a $100.9 million Market Cap. $CHOOF is a Canadian company and the owner of Medi-Can Health Solutions, a cannabis production license applicant under Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). With Canada’s full-blown legalization only 3 months away, CHOOF has already been rising. The question is, will they rise to a new 52-week high? If so, that’s still over 21% from the last close (7/27/18).
- $TGODF (OTC QX) and $TGOD (TSE) / Green Organic Dutchman Holdings is trading around $4.13 (on OTC) as of 7/29/18 with a $943 million Market Cap. $TGODF is a research & development company licensed under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (“ACMPR”) to cultivate medical cannabis. The Company carries out its principal activities producing cannabis from its facilities in Ancaster, Ont., pursuant to the provisions of the ACMPR and the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Canada) and its regulations. The Company grows high quality, organic cannabis with sustainable, all-natural principles. TGOD’s products are laboratory tested to ensure patients have access to a standardized, safe and consistent product. TGOD has a funded capacity of 116,000 kg and is building 970,000 sq. ft. of cultivation facilities in Ontario and Quebec. The Company has developed a strategic partnership with Aurora Cannabis Inc. (TSX:ACB) whereby Aurora has invested approximately C$78.1 million for an approximate 17.5% stake in TGOD. In addition, the Company has raised approximately C$290 million dollars and has over 5,000 shareholders. Again, legalization in Canada is just around the corner. Days after $TGODF announced a launch into the beverage industry, the stock shot up to as much as $7.56 before settling at $5.91 on 6/8/18. A run back to the recent 52-week high would be a gain of 83%.
- $OWCP (OTC QB) / OWC Pharmaceutical Research Corp. is trading around 15¢ as of 7/29/18 with a $21.75 million Market Cap. $OWCP is well known because of their ridiculous run from $0.1815 on January 3, 2017 to $3.23 on February 23, 2017. The company has changed quite a bit since then, however. Dr. Stanley Hirsch (who did a deal with $FOMX and Bayer HealthCare, which later received FDA approval) is now running the show as the Chairman. OWC also added Dr. Oron Yacoby Zeevi as it’s Chief Scientific Officer. Dr. Zeevi was previous VP of R&D at NeuroDerm before they were acquired for $1.1 billion in July 2017. Until the recent drop to as low as 11¢, OWCP was fairly steady in the 20¢ area. Perhaps some shareholders didn’t like finding out OWC intends on “doing things right” and proving their product(s) via clinical studies and FDA approval. Given the Q4 catalysts, maybe $OWCP will light up the marijuana stock world again, given their Phase 1 Safety Study, where they already announced no adverse effects in Part 1, will be completed.
- $GWPH (NASDAQ) / GW Pharmaceuticals is trading around $138.99 as of 7/29/18 with a $4.22 billion Market Cap. Everybody who investors in or trades marijuana stocks knows GWPH, as they were the first company ever to receive FDA approval for a Cannabidiol-based drug, Epidiolex. Back in October 2016, Goldman Sachs suggested an acquisition price of $349 per share — which is a return of 151% from the recent close on 7/27/18.
That’s all for now. We’ll keep adding more companies as we move into August. Feel free and Tweet us your recommendations and keep checking back for updates. Always do your own due diligence and remember to diversify, know your strategy in advance, and always take profits according to your strategy. Good luck in the markets, everyone!